Ryan Dowd, author of the Librarian’s Guide to Homelessness
Where: Manchester City Library
When: March 13, 2019, 9am-12pm
The ULAC division of the New Hampshire Library Association will host Mr. Ryan Dowd at the Manchester City Library on Wednesday March 13th from 9 am to 12 pm. Mr. Dowd is the author of the Librarian’s Guide to Homelessness. The training will include how to compassionately manage problematic behavior from troubled individuals in our libraries. There will be a focus on practical tools you can use every day to resolve problems and prevent conflict along with a special focus on patrons with mental health and substance abuse issues. Registration will open in late January with a $5 fee per person, and NHLA’s refund policy will apply to this event.
- Chair: Todd Fabian, Concord Public
- Treasurer: Mary Ann Senatro, Bedford Public
Members of the Urban Libraries Section of the New Hampshire Library Association are libraries in the state serving a population of at least 18,001 and are certified libraries as defined by the standards established by the New Hampshire State Library. The top two administrative positions in the member libraries are eligible to represent the libraries at Urban’s meetings.
The organization’s objectives are:
- To provide increased communication and information exchange among urban public library administrators.
- To promote mutual understanding of library issues and problems statewide and nationally, and to address those issues.
- To promote the marketing of the library as a resource for community development and civic infrastructure.
- To achieve operational economies through cooperation.
- To encourage development of professional management and leadership skills, and to apply those skills to librarianship.