- Chair: Eric Stern, Derry Public Library
- Treasurer: Betsy Solon, Wadleigh Memorial Library
Members of the Urban Libraries Section of the New Hampshire Library Association are libraries in the state serving a population of at least 13,000 and are certified libraries as defined by the standards established by the New Hampshire State Library. The top two administrative positions in the member libraries are eligible to represent the libraries at Urban’s meetings.
The organization’s objectives are:
- To provide increased communication and information exchange among urban public library administrators.
- To promote mutual understanding of library issues and problems statewide and nationally, and to address those issues.
- To promote the marketing of the library as a resource for community development and civic infrastructure.
- To achieve operational economies through cooperation.
- To encourage development of professional management and leadership skills, and to apply those skills to librarianship.